One of the biggest concerns that people have about hair transplant is whether it will be successful or not. Hair transplantation includes three main procedures: harvesting, implantation, and grafting. Each procedure is done in different ways and with different tools, but all use a similar process. The advantage of using AI for these procedures is that the enhancement and accuracy can drastically increase while minimizing risk of side effects.
In addition to scalp harvesting and implantation, hair transplant also includes grafting or using a strip or strip-like material to fill in bald spots on the head. This type of procedure is typically done after or during hair transplantation with a thin strip that covers all the wound sites.
Hair transplant is a very complex process. I, Dr. Soniya Pendharkar, will tell you about Hair Transplantation steps, its side effects, and how to take care of your hair after transplant in a very easy way. Let’s start with the steps for hair transplantation.
5 Steps to Hair Transplantation Success
The 5 Steps to a Successful Hair Transplantation (including Pre-Staging)
- Know your donor area
- Choose an experienced hair transplant surgeon
- Consider enlisting a team of specialists, such as a medical assistant, microdermabrasion therapist, and esthetician
- Plan your hair transplant appointment around your personal schedule
- Get the best experience for the most natural look and feel of possible
Steps to Take Before, During and After a Hair Transplant
There are a number of factors in the medical process that can lead to complications. More so, there is a huge risk of hair loss after any procedure. If you are considering a hair transplant, there are certain steps that you should take before, during and after the procedure to reduce risk and increase success:
- Before: Make an appointment first, create a detailed plan for what you would like to achieve post-surgery, consider undertaking counseling to determine if you should move forward with the procedure or not
- During: Take medications as recommended by your doctor; follow up on any changes with your doctor; focus on avoiding any activities such as exercise which could interfere with healing or adversely impact results
- After: Be open about outcomes and continue taking medications until they have been discontinued; maintain a schedule for care after your hair transplant is done. Read about Hair Transplant Surgery Aftercare for more information.
How to Avoid Painful Hair Transplant Results
Hair transplantation requires a huge amount of money depending on where you live and what type of surgery you choose. Another factor that contributes towards high cost is the pain involved in a surgery that lasts around 3 hours. But if you want to avoid painful hair transplant results or even get rid of it completely then there are some simple things that you can do:
- Use Shampoo! Shampoo can help remove excess oils, buildup, and other debris. Then massage your scalp in a circular motion for about 2 minutes with your fingertips to stimulate hair follicles. You should do this 2-3 times a week.
- Get a professional hair treatment at least once a month
- Consider whether you need to get a haircut
- Take care of your scalp by making sure that it gets enough moisture every day.
Tips for Faster Recovery from a Hair Transplant
- You can recover sooner from a hair transplant by eating the right foods and avoiding certain medications.
- To help with your recovery, it’s important to keep your donor area clean, hydrated, and nourished.
- You should wear a hat or scarf that covers the area during the day to prevent sunburn and limit sweating.
- It’s also important to avoid head trauma for at least six months after surgery.
What Side Effects Should You Expect From Hair Transplantation?
For those who are seeking a change in their appearance, hair transplantation can be a very effective and life-changing solution. There are, however, a few side effects that one should be prepared for after the procedure.
Hair transplantation can cause scarring of the scalp and changes in pigmentation or hair color. It may also cause your hair to fall out prematurely or lose its natural texture. These are not permanent conditions, but they will occur if the surgery is done improperly or without proper care.
Why do you need a trained professional for hair transplantation?
Hair transplantation is a process in which natural hair is implanted in bald areas of the scalp. It is usually done to correct the hair loss and restore the original appearance.
If you are someone who’s looking for a hair transplant surgery, you can simply contact me for an initial consultation. It takes years of skill and training to become skilled at this type of plastic surgery, and I have many years of experience on how to do a good job with hair transplants.
When considering a hair transplant procedure, it’s important to understand what you can expect before, during and after the procedure as well as which potential side effects you might experience during and after your treatment.
Many people experience a temporary feeling of tightness or swelling, as well as some mild pain. This usually goes away quickly, and most people start to feel better right away. Some people will experience temporary hair loss as the scalp heals from the surgery.
If you want to get a hair transplant surgery done or have any questions regarding this, you can contact me.